Student-Athlete Advisory Council
The Student-Athlete Advisory Council meets monthly to discuss policies, issues, and projects
associated with the operation of intercollegiate athletics. The primary goal of the Council is to
facilitate the student-athlete experience in concert with the values and mission of the University.
Specific issues related to conference affiliation, NCAA, and external affairs are examined in order
to enhance student-athlete welfare. The NCAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee serves as a model to
advance the qualities of institutional integrity. Anyone interested in participating should contact
Mark McGushin. Other basic purposes of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council are to:
- Provide a communications link between the student-athlete, the Department of
Intercollegiate Athletics, and the University.
- Promote unity, spirit, and common purpose among teams.
- Give the student-athletes a representative voice in the Department of
The Council is comprised of appointed team representatives (two from each team). The Life Skills
Coordinator serves as an ex-officio member. Student-athlete representatives must be in good academic
standing at CSU, Sacramento to serve.
- Attend all Council meetings.
- Represent team views and concerns at Council meetings based on input from teammates.
- Report Council activities to team members.
- Organize teams to assist in special projects.
If you have questions of the SAAC or are interested in participating and/or presenting topics to
the SAAC please contact us at email@example.com